At OfficeR&D, we are taking big steps towards refining our interface in an effort to make the flexible workspace management easier and more productive. After a series of research, brainstorming sessions, and hard work, we are excited to share with the community the redesign of our platform’s navigation.
We did an overhaul of our admin portal navigation. We have switched from a top-level menu navigation to left-hand-side one:
The new menu will improve the navigation flow of the platform and open space for the most important content on each page.
The new navigation comes with several changes to our data structure and modules.
- Dashboard – the unified dashboard and all module dashboards. Please, note that the reports are moved to a new dedicated section called Reports;
- Community – Companies, Members, Users (used to be in Apps), Opportunities, Memberships, Contracts, Fees, Bookings, Visitors;
- Collaboration – Events, Messages, Issues, Posts, Benefits (used to be in Apps), How to Guides (used to be in Apps);
- Billing – Overview, Invoices, Plans, Resource Rates, Amenities (new), Discounts;
- Space – Locations, Meeting Rooms, Private Offices, Desks, other resource types and Search Resources (new);
- Reports (new) – Occupancy, Bookings, Checkins, Balance, Revenue (all used to be in Dashboard)
- Settings – restructuring the options to ensure easier setup:
- My Account – General, Teammates, Billing Details, Subscription
- Import, Integrations, Templates, Custom Properties, Resource Types, Forms, T&Cs
- Billing – Invoicing, Accounts (used to be in Billing), Tax Rates (used to be in Billing)
- Platform – Calendar, Community, Contracts, Space, Reports
- Apps – used to be major Module, now under Settings – General, Public Pages, Member Pages, Theme, Localization, Custom Code
Note: You can collapse the new Menu from the bottom-left ‘<<‘ icon to make more space for your content.
New locations filter and more
The top menu was also redesigned to make it smaller, more beautiful, and easier to use.
In a multi-location or multi-organization environment, you can select a location from the menu to filter your data for this location or change between spaces/organizations.
We also moved the Announcements, Setup Guide, and Your Profile to the bottom left corner of the vertical menu for easier navigation.
The Company/Member pages are significantly improved – we added limit in height with separate scrolling to all data grids in order to navigate more easily through the page.
We changed the font as well, to make the entire platform nicer.
New contextual help and chat
As part of our ongoing effort to improve our support, we’re also rolling out a new system that features:
- Direct search in the OfficeR&D Knowledge Base from within the platform;
- New chat channel;
- New customer support portal to track your tickets;
Continuing to iterate
We are excited to share our progress with the community and even more excited that this is just the beginning. There are a number of improvements that we are working on in order to further improve our navigation and user experience. A few of these features include:
- Redesigning the Company/Member pages;
- Redesigning the Grid pages – such as Invoices, Contracts, etc;
- Redesigning the Dashboards;
- Adding new Setup Guide;
Soon after that, we’re planning big UI/UX improvements on the member portal and all member facing tools.
Try it yourself
We know that a UI change as large as a navigation redesign can be disruptive to workflow and habits but we hope that you will find OfficeR&D much easier to navigate!
Please, note that the new user interface will go live on Tuesday/Wednesday, April 10th, 2018.
After several rounds of UX research and taking into account the feedback received from the community, we believe we have a UX solution that greatly improves navigating OfficeR&D. In addition to the rollout, we have created a trello item on our roadmap to collect, track, and act upon further feedback from you. We would love to hear your thoughts so don’t hesitate to leave us a comment below, on the item or via support!